You can book an appointment at the surgery via telephone or at reception. If you are unsure what type of appointment you need, the receptionist will guide you by asking you for details of the problem. The choice of health care professional will be offered where possible.
Same Day Appointment (10 mins)
These appointments are for one patient for one problem. To discuss more than one issue ask reception to book you a double appointment. This may mean that you are waiting longer to be seen.
To book “on the day” please call the surgery when the lines open at 08:00. These appointments are allocated on a first come, first served basis. They have usually all been allocated by 09:00.
Advance/Follow up Appointment
These advance appointments are for patients who need to plan appointments around their work rotas etc. and patients that need to be followed up by a GP with an ongoing problem. These appointments are available via our online booking system.
Slots are available for patients needing requiring more urgent attention because they are unwell on that day and need to be seen.
For all emergency appointments for that day we strongly advise that you call as soon as the phone lines open at 08:00. Advise the receptionist that you are unwell and would like to request emergency appointment.
For patients for whom English is not their first language, we are able to arrange interpretation and translation services. Please let us know if you require this service. This can be done via telephone or in person with 48 hours notice. However, please ensure that if you are unable to attend you inform us well in advance to allow for cancellation.
Basic Patient Rules & Responsibilities
- Be prompt and on time for appointments.
- Cancel appointments that you no longer need so it may be offered to another patient.
- Appointments are for 1 person and one problem only. If you have more to discuss please ask for a double slot.
- If you have a query and are not ill, ask for a GP phone call, not an appointment.
- Doctors and nurses do not sign forms during consultations, please hand any form for completion to reception.